Private Fees – NHS Treatment for Overseas Visitors
The criteria for treatment of patients using the services of the UK National Health Service (NHS) for overseas visitors at the Studholme Medical Centre are as follows:
EMERGENCY or IMMEDIATELY NECESSARY TREATMENT
- If treatment is urgently required this will be provided free of charge regardless of the patient’s usual home country.
- The diagnosis of “Emergency” or “Immediately Necessary” treatment is the responsibility of the Doctors at Studholme Medical Centre, who can admit patients to hospital if required.
- Between the hours of 6.30pm and 8.00am, at weekends and on Bank Holidays patients should contact the out of hours service.
- In the circumstances where, in the opinion of the Doctors at the Studholme Medical Centre, the patient’s condition or problem is such that medication or treatment is required before the patient returns to their usual home country, then medication or treatment which the Doctor feels is appropriate will be provided. A fee to cover the cost of any medication prescribed will always be payable.
Treatment by a Doctor will be free of charge providing the following conditions are met:
- If the patient is usually resident in one of the countries listed on the NHS Website as being part of the European Economic Area (EEA) AND the patient is able to produce their European Health Insurance card (EHIC) or E111.
Treatment by a Doctor will be chargeable in the following circumstances:
- If the patient is usually resident in one of the countries listed on the NHS Website as being part of the European Economic Area (EEA) AND the patient is unable to produce their European Health Insurance card (EHIC) or E111
- OR where the patient is usually resident in a country which is not regarded as being part of the European Economic Area (EEA) as listed on the NHS Website: http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/uk-visitors/visiting-england/Pages/visitors-from-the-eea.aspx
- Where the Doctors at the Studholme Medical Centre regard medical treatment as being CHARGEABLE, then the following scale of charges will apply. Payment before treatment is required by cash or card:
Consultation with a Doctor in the Surgery up to 10 minutes
Consultation with a Doctor in the surgery over 10 minutes
Consultation with a Nurse in the surgery (no time limit)
Fee for medication prescribed (depends on medication)
Other services and vaccines available
Prices on request