Some services provided are not covered under our contract with the NHS and therefore attract charges. Examples include the following:
- Insurance Forms
- Private Sick Notes
- School Fees Insurance Claim Forms
- Sickness/Accident Insurance Benefit Claim Forms
- Medical Examinations and reports
- Pre-employment medicals: LGV, PSV, Taxi Driver, Racing Driver
- Vaccination Certificates
- Holiday Cancellation Reports
- Non-NHS Travel Vaccinations
For a list of Private Patient fees please click here Private fee structure 2017.pdf. Payment by Card or Cash only (no cheques accepted). Please note that at least 5 working days are required by the surgery to complete most forms. Any forms that require completion within 48hrs will be charged at £50. If you fail to attend an appointment and you do not notify us with at least 24hrs notice you will be charged a £50 cancellation fee.
We do not provide aviation licence medicals. However you may wish to refer to following links for information although these services are not endorsed by the Practice you may find them helpful:
Cancellation charge agreement form :DNA Policy for Private appts.pdf
The following services below are private services run by external contractors but held at the Practice - Please note that as these services are run by private contractors they are responsible for the service they provide and this service is not the responsibility of the practice.
- Scorpio Physiotherapist - 01784 229499 or 01344 845801
- Stressworx - Ruth 01784 488165
- Chiropodist - Kevin Thomas, book at reception
- Acupuncturist - Lindy Moulton 07771 227040
- Ear wax removal using Micro Suction - This is a private service which will be chargeable by a private company. No oiling of the ears is required. This service is also available for certain patients on the NHS however you do need to oil your ears for at least two weeks to see if that works and, if not, you can be referred to the hospital. The referral wait is about 8 weeks. The NHS do not wish to fund GP’s to provide ear syringing however we do realise that this is an important service to patients. We provide a free room and administration services to a private company to provide micro-suction to patients. The surgery does not earn money from our patients for providing this service. This service can be used for children or home visits can be provided if required. Several surgeries in the local area are now providing a similar service.
- WiseBlueOwl - Counselling, Mindfulness,Psychotherapy, Clinical Hypnosis, CBT/NLP/EFT. Appointments Monday from 10am to 4pm. To make an appointment please call 01784 392449 or visit www.wiseblueowl.co.uk
Private Fees – NHS Treatment for Overseas Visitors
The criteria for treatment of patients using the services of the UK National Health Service (NHS) for overseas visitors at the Studholme Medical Centre are as follows:
EMERGENCY or IMMEDIATELY NECESSARY TREATMENT
- If treatment is urgently required this will be provided free of charge regardless of the patient’s usual home country.
- The diagnosis of “Emergency” or “Immediately Necessary” treatment is the responsibility of the Doctors at Studholme Medical Centre, who can admit patients to hospital if required.
- Between the hours of 6.30pm and 8.00am, at weekends and on Bank Holidays patients should contact the out of hours service.
- In the circumstances where, in the opinion of the Doctors at the Studholme Medical Centre, the patient’s condition or problem is such that medication or treatment is required before the patient returns to their usual home country, then medication or treatment which the Doctor feels is appropriate will be provided. A fee to cover the cost of any medication prescribed will always be payable.
Treatment by a Doctor will be free of charge providing the following conditions are met:
- If the patient is usually resident in one of the countries listed on the NHS Website as being part of the European Economic Area (EEA) AND the patient is able to produce their European Health Insurance card (EHIC) or E111.
Treatment by a Doctor will be chargeable in the following circumstances:
- If the patient is usually resident in one of the countries listed on the NHS Website as being part of the European Economic Area (EEA) AND the patient is unable to produce their European Health Insurance card (EHIC) or E111
- OR where the patient is usually resident in a country which is not regarded as being part of the European Economic Area (EEA) as listed on the NHS Website: http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/uk-visitors/visiting-england/Pages/visitors-from-the-eea.aspx
- Where the Doctors at the Studholme Medical Centre regard medical treatment as being CHARGEABLE, then the following scale of charges will apply. Payment before treatment is required by cash or card:
Consultation with a Doctor in the Surgery up to 10 minutes
Consultation with a Doctor in the surgery over 10 minutes
Consultation with a Nurse in the surgery (15mins)
Fee for private prescription
Other services and vaccines available
Prices on request