Some services provided are not covered under our contract with the NHS and therefore attract charges. Examples include the following:
- Insurance Forms
- Private Sick Notes
- School Fees Insurance Claim Forms
- Sickness/Accident Insurance Benefit Claim Forms
- Medical Examinations and reports
- Pre-employment medicals: LGV, PSV, Taxi Driver, Racing Driver
- Vaccination Certificates
- Holiday Cancellation Reports
- Non-NHS Travel Vaccinations
For a list of Private Patient fees please click here Private fee structure 2017.pdf. Payment by Card or Cash only (no cheques accepted). Please note that at least 5 working days are required by the surgery to complete most forms. Any forms that require completion within 48hrs will be charged at £50. If you fail to attend an appointment and you do not notify us with at least 24hrs notice you will be charged a £50 cancellation fee.
We do not provide aviation licence medicals. However you may wish to refer to following links for information although these services are not endorsed by the Practice you may find them helpful:
Cancellation charge agreement form :DNA Policy for Private appts.pdf
The following services below are private services run by external contractors - Please note these services are not connected with or the responsibility of the practice.
- Scorpio Physiotherapist - 01784 229499 or 01344 845801
- Stressworx - Ruth 01784 488165
- Chiropodist - Kevin Thomas, book at reception
- Acupuncturist - Lindy Moulton 07771 227040
- Ear wax removal using Micro Suction - This is a private service which will be chargeable by a private company. No oiling of the ears is required. This service is also available for certain patients on the NHS however you do need to oil your ears for at least two weeks to see if that works and, if not, you can be referred to the hospital. The referral wait is about 8 weeks. The NHS do not wish to fund GP’s to provide ear syringing however we do realise that this is an important service to patients. We provide a free room and administration services to a private company to provide micro-suction to patients. The surgery does not earn money from our patients for providing this service. This service can be used for children or home visits can be provided if required. Several surgeries in the local area are now providing a similar service.
- WiseBlueOwl - Counselling, Mindfulness,Psychotherapy, Clinical Hypnosis, CBT/NLP/EFT. Appointments Monday from 10am to 4pm. To make an appointment please call 01784 392449 or visit www.wiseblueowl.co.uk
Requests for private referrals are mostly precipitated by the need or wish of the patient/s to be seen by a consultant earlier than what the NHS can provide. There are may be cases when patient’s private insurance cover is not sufficient for long term care or if patient is unable to continue to pay for private visits. Patients in this cases, can go back to their GP to request for an NHS referral to continue their treatment.
When requesting for Private Referrals, the patient needs to book an appointment with their GP to discuss the request and provide the following information please:
Condition for which this private referral is requested for
Name of the Consultant and speciality
Name of the Hospital / Private Clinic including address
Any information regarding the date and time of their appointment if known.
Patient must state that they are privately insured ( name of the health insurance company )
If not Privately Insured , to note that Patient is Fee –Paying
Private Referral Letter/s will be released to the patient ( Sent by post to your registered address) after 3 working days.
There is no fee for Private Referral Letters.
The patient should arrange their appointment with the private consultant this cannot be done by the Practice. Once a private appointment is arranged, should the patient fail to attend they must re-arranged their own private appointment. The practice cannot follow up private appointments on your behalf.